This is an old revision of the document!
As you might have guessed already, a room is the entity providing this functionality. You need to have at least room-aide privileges to access feature.
Citadel incorporates a fully functional listserver. It provides both single-message and digest modes, and allows self-service subscribe/unsubscribe via Webcit, and Aide controlled subscription. Multiple email addresses can be added at once; You also can choose email addresses from all your addressbooks.
The administration screens in WebCit (Advanced →Advanced room commands → Edit or delete this room → Mailing list service) provide the most intuitive way of configuring and managing a list.
This screen offers also the ability to…
- add system global mail aliases for this room
- choose the alias which should be used as “from-address” for this room when sending mails
- Add Recipients in digest (one mail per day) mode
- Add Recipients (each mail)
- Choose message post policy
You can do this from the text mode client as well.