This is an old revision of the document!
After your Citadel installation has completed, you might consider these activities:
- Verify that all processes are running
- Verify that all network service ports are listening so all your client programs are able to talk to Citadel
- If this is your first email server, you might want to have a look at some generic mail terms that are not specific to citadel.
- log in with the user you've specified as admin user during the installation. (there is a New User button to create a new user with the password of your choice)
- if you chose host-integrated authentication, log in with one of your system users
- Perform some fine-tuning on your server, such as configuring its name etc. in the Administration menu
- More detailed Information on these settings and what they do can be found in the fine manual.
- Consider a strategy for fighting spam
- get your favorite email client talking to citadel (via IMAP for example)
- read more about howto get your special client working
- You may be planning a service window to migrate your old mail into Citadel
- have a look how Larry Ives migrates vcards from LDAP/Outlook
- eventually browse more parts of our extensive online knowledge base or just use the search button in the upper left
Enjoy your new Citadel server!