The Mailbox in Webcit behaves a bit differently than those on other mail systems. Therefore, you will get unexpected results if you just create a new user and make its Inbox public.
The way to do this using Citadel is to create a “public room, in the below manner:
- Navigate to Advanced → Create a new room
- Enter the desired name for your public mailbox,
- Select the Floor it should be created on. Choose carefully, this also influences the location of your new room in your imap or webcit directory hierarchy!
- Select Bulletin Board for the view type
- Select either “Public” or “Private - invitation only” depending on how you want to limit access to it. Do not select Personal!
- Click Create.
If you don't like the email address, you can beautify this email address.