Easy install requires a working build system including lang/gcc and devel/gmake; please install it from the ports. Citadel can also make use from these optional ports:
- converters/libiconv unless you want to go with plain ASCII, and don't use quoted printable decoding in certain places, you should install libiconv.
- textproc/intltool if you want to be able to read non-UTF-8 mails with non-ASCII glyphs inside
- devel/gettext if you want to use another language than english (global per running webcit instance; Per session locale isn't available on BSD systems due to the lack of per thread locale support)
- misc/shared-mime-info if you want enhanced MIME de/encoding for the files library and email attachments
- a freedesktop.org compliant Icontheme from KDE/GNOME/… if you want nice icons for mail Attachments and the File library